What is involved in Visualization
Find out what the related areas are that Visualization connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Visualization thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Interactive Computing and Data Visualization journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Interactive Computing and Data Visualization leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Visualization related domains to cover and 132 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Visualization, Ade Olufeko, Adolphe Quetelet, Bang Wong, Biological data visualization, Chemical imaging, Computer graphics, Creative visualization, Crime mapping, Data visualization, Engineering drawing, Flow visualization, Gaspard Monge, Graph drawing, Graph of a function, Graphic design, Graphic organizer, Guided imagery, Hanspeter Pfister, Imaging science, Information graphics, Information science, Information visualization, Interactive visualization, Jock D. Mackinlay, Mathematical diagram, Medical imaging, Mental image, Miriah Meyer, Misleading graph, Molecular graphics, Motor imagery, Music visualization, Patent drawing, Scientific modelling, Scientific visualization, Security visualisation, Software visualization, Spatial analysis, Spatial visualization ability, Statistical graphics, Technical drawing, Technical illustration, User interface, User interface design, Visual analytics, Visual communication, Visual culture, Visual perception, Visual rhetoric, Visual system, Visual thinking, Volume cartography, Volume rendering:
Visualization Critical Criteria:
Survey Visualization leadership and describe which business rules are needed as Visualization interface.
– What are the best places schools to study data visualization information design or information architecture?
– Can you filter, drill down, or add entirely new data to your visualization with mobile editing?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Visualization requirements in detail?
Ade Olufeko Critical Criteria:
Frame Ade Olufeko issues and assess what counts with Ade Olufeko that we are not counting.
– Is there a Visualization Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– What is the purpose of Visualization in relation to the mission?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Visualization Management?
Adolphe Quetelet Critical Criteria:
Understand Adolphe Quetelet adoptions and look for lots of ideas.
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Visualization with what users do day-to-day?
Bang Wong Critical Criteria:
Frame Bang Wong results and catalog what business benefits will Bang Wong goals deliver if achieved.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Visualization values?
– What are the short and long-term Visualization goals?
Biological data visualization Critical Criteria:
Systematize Biological data visualization projects and adopt an insight outlook.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Visualization, including any consulting or professional services?
– How can the value of Visualization be defined?
– What about Visualization Analysis of results?
Chemical imaging Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re Chemical imaging risks and test out new things.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Visualization in a volatile global economy?
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Visualization objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– What are the long-term Visualization goals?
Computer graphics Critical Criteria:
Dissect Computer graphics goals and triple focus on important concepts of Computer graphics relationship management.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Visualization process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Visualization process available?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Visualization activities?
– Think of your Visualization project. what are the main functions?
Creative visualization Critical Criteria:
Discuss Creative visualization quality and report on developing an effective Creative visualization strategy.
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Visualization study?
Crime mapping Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Crime mapping leadership and gather Crime mapping models .
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Visualization is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Visualization strengthening and reform actually originate?
Data visualization Critical Criteria:
Give examples of Data visualization goals and report on the economics of relationships managing Data visualization and constraints.
– How is the value delivered by Visualization being measured?
– Why is Visualization important for you now?
– What is Effective Visualization?
Engineering drawing Critical Criteria:
Probe Engineering drawing governance and assess and formulate effective operational and Engineering drawing strategies.
– How do we ensure that implementations of Visualization products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– Why should we adopt a Visualization framework?
Flow visualization Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Flow visualization issues and find answers.
– Does Visualization include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– What are the disruptive Visualization technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Visualization?
Gaspard Monge Critical Criteria:
Align Gaspard Monge quality and proactively manage Gaspard Monge risks.
– Does Visualization create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– Can we do Visualization without complex (expensive) analysis?
Graph drawing Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase Graph drawing strategies and question.
– To what extent does management recognize Visualization as a tool to increase the results?
– How would one define Visualization leadership?
– What is our Visualization Strategy?
Graph of a function Critical Criteria:
Judge Graph of a function adoptions and oversee implementation of Graph of a function.
Graphic design Critical Criteria:
Consider Graphic design governance and achieve a single Graphic design view and bringing data together.
– Does Visualization systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– Does Visualization analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– How do we Lead with Visualization in Mind?
Graphic organizer Critical Criteria:
Deduce Graphic organizer engagements and pay attention to the small things.
– Among the Visualization product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– How can you negotiate Visualization successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Visualization process?
Guided imagery Critical Criteria:
Sort Guided imagery quality and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Guided imagery projects.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Visualization leader?
Hanspeter Pfister Critical Criteria:
Coach on Hanspeter Pfister decisions and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Hanspeter Pfister.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Visualization experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– What are the usability implications of Visualization actions?
Imaging science Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Imaging science risks and summarize a clear Imaging science focus.
– What are the Key enablers to make this Visualization move?
Information graphics Critical Criteria:
Give examples of Information graphics outcomes and learn.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Visualization. How do we gain traction?
Information science Critical Criteria:
Infer Information science decisions and ask what if.
– When a Visualization manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
Information visualization Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Information visualization outcomes and finalize specific methods for Information visualization acceptance.
– Is maximizing Visualization protection the same as minimizing Visualization loss?
– Will Visualization deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– Who sets the Visualization standards?
Interactive visualization Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Interactive visualization visions and prioritize challenges of Interactive visualization.
– What will drive Visualization change?
Jock D. Mackinlay Critical Criteria:
Guard Jock D. Mackinlay planning and balance specific methods for improving Jock D. Mackinlay results.
– Think about the people you identified for your Visualization project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
Mathematical diagram Critical Criteria:
Adapt Mathematical diagram goals and drive action.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Visualization? There might be some that are less obvious?
– What threat is Visualization addressing?
Medical imaging Critical Criteria:
Design Medical imaging governance and maintain Medical imaging for success.
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Visualization objectives?
– What are all of our Visualization domains and what do they do?
– What business benefits will Visualization goals deliver if achieved?
Mental image Critical Criteria:
Focus on Mental image management and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Mental image is getting what it needs.
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Visualization?
Miriah Meyer Critical Criteria:
Confer over Miriah Meyer governance and integrate design thinking in Miriah Meyer innovation.
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Visualization forward?
Misleading graph Critical Criteria:
Analyze Misleading graph planning and catalog Misleading graph activities.
– Can we add value to the current Visualization decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– Which customers cant participate in our Visualization domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
Molecular graphics Critical Criteria:
Jump start Molecular graphics outcomes and perfect Molecular graphics conflict management.
– Have all basic functions of Visualization been defined?
– How do we maintain Visualizations Integrity?
Motor imagery Critical Criteria:
Chart Motor imagery leadership and test out new things.
– Consider your own Visualization project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– Who needs to know about Visualization ?
Music visualization Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Music visualization tactics and ask questions.
– Do the Visualization decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– What is the source of the strategies for Visualization strengthening and reform?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Visualization processes?
Patent drawing Critical Criteria:
Define Patent drawing outcomes and transcribe Patent drawing as tomorrows backbone for success.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Visualization strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– What are internal and external Visualization relations?
Scientific modelling Critical Criteria:
Revitalize Scientific modelling planning and assess what counts with Scientific modelling that we are not counting.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Visualization strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
Scientific visualization Critical Criteria:
See the value of Scientific visualization planning and define what our big hairy audacious Scientific visualization goal is.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Visualization processes?
– How do we know that any Visualization analysis is complete and comprehensive?
Security visualisation Critical Criteria:
Learn from Security visualisation outcomes and overcome Security visualisation skills and management ineffectiveness.
– In a project to restructure Visualization outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– Does the Visualization task fit the clients priorities?
– What are current Visualization Paradigms?
Software visualization Critical Criteria:
Align Software visualization goals and define what do we need to start doing with Software visualization.
– Have you identified your Visualization key performance indicators?
– Are there recognized Visualization problems?
Spatial analysis Critical Criteria:
Examine Spatial analysis projects and find the ideas you already have.
– How important is Visualization to the user organizations mission?
Spatial visualization ability Critical Criteria:
Talk about Spatial visualization ability visions and attract Spatial visualization ability skills.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Visualization product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– How to Secure Visualization?
Statistical graphics Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Statistical graphics adoptions and get out your magnifying glass.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Visualization processes?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Visualization opportunities costing us money?
Technical drawing Critical Criteria:
Value Technical drawing leadership and spearhead techniques for implementing Technical drawing.
– How do we Identify specific Visualization investment and emerging trends?
– What are specific Visualization Rules to follow?
– Is Visualization Required?
Technical illustration Critical Criteria:
Design Technical illustration leadership and point out Technical illustration tensions in leadership.
User interface Critical Criteria:
Participate in User interface quality and observe effective User interface.
– What if we substitute prototyping for user interface screens on paper?
– Does a User interface survey show which search ui is better ?
– What is our formula for success in Visualization ?
– How much does Visualization help?
User interface design Critical Criteria:
Examine User interface design management and attract User interface design skills.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Visualization goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– Does Visualization analysis show the relationships among important Visualization factors?
Visual analytics Critical Criteria:
See the value of Visual analytics projects and intervene in Visual analytics processes and leadership.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Visualization models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Visualization does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– How likely is the current Visualization plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
Visual communication Critical Criteria:
Meet over Visual communication results and find the ideas you already have.
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Visualization?
Visual culture Critical Criteria:
Focus on Visual culture governance and oversee Visual culture requirements.
Visual perception Critical Criteria:
Coach on Visual perception tasks and raise human resource and employment practices for Visual perception.
– Are we Assessing Visualization and Risk?
Visual rhetoric Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Visual rhetoric risks and improve Visual rhetoric service perception.
– what is the best design framework for Visualization organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– Are there Visualization Models?
Visual system Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Visual system failures and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Visual system decisions.
– Is the scope of Visualization defined?
Visual thinking Critical Criteria:
Experiment with Visual thinking risks and oversee implementation of Visual thinking.
Volume cartography Critical Criteria:
Meet over Volume cartography issues and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Volume cartography.
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Visualization project manager?
Volume rendering Critical Criteria:
Boost Volume rendering governance and maintain Volume rendering for success.
– Do we monitor the Visualization decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Interactive Computing and Data Visualization Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Visualization External links:
NGA: (U) GEOINT Visualization Services (Unclassified)
Power BI | Interactive Data Visualization BI Tools
Modern Visualization for the Data Era – Plotly
Ade Olufeko External links:
Ade Olufeko Silver Spring, MD | Intelius
Ade Olufeko Profiles | Facebook
Work – Ade Olufeko
Adolphe Quetelet External links:
Adolphe Quetelet – RunMomMe | Project Life
Adolphe Quetelet (1796-1874)
Tales of Statisticians | Adolphe Quetelet
Bang Wong External links:
Bang Wong – YouTube
Bang Wong | Broad Institute
Bang Wong | About – Broad Institute
Biological data visualization External links:
6th Workshop on Biological Data Visualization – BioVis 2016
NGS Data Analysis, Biological Data Visualization | …
Biological Data Visualization – Google+
Chemical imaging External links:
Pharmaceutical Chemical Imaging Workshop – …
Advanced Structural and Chemical Imaging | Home page
Spero® Chemical Imaging Microscope: Mid-IR …
Computer graphics External links:
Double Your Computer Graphics for Free – YouTube
Home | Buffalo Computer Graphics
Computer Graphics : Dallas County Community College …
Creative visualization External links:
Creative visualization (Book, 1978) [WorldCat.org]
Creative Visualization and Visualization TechniquesRobins …
Crime mapping External links:
Tucson Crime Mapping | Official website of the City of Tucson
Tutorial Crime Mapping – Homepage
Raleigh Online Crime Mapping | raleighnc.gov
Data visualization External links:
What is data visualization? – Definition from WhatIs.com
geothinQ – On-demand Land Mapping & Data Visualization
Data Visualization | FEMA.gov
Engineering drawing External links:
Engineering Drawing – SlideShare
Engineering Drawing Title Block – Engineers Edge
Engineering Drawing – AbeBooks
Flow visualization External links:
NASA Glenn Flow Visualization Tunnel
Air flow visualization – YouTube
Gaspard Monge External links:
Gaspard Monge, count de Péluse | French mathematician …
Gaspard Monge | Facebook
Gaspard Monge – Students | Britannica Kids | Homework Help
Graph drawing External links:
Graph Drawing – Ebook Download PDF – Google Sites
Graph Drawing Software – Download.com
Graph Drawing Contest – Google+
Graph of a function External links:
[PDF]How to Sketch the Graph of a Function – Faculty Websites
Sketching a Derivative from the Graph of a Function – YouTube
Graphic design External links:
Buy Adobe Illustrator CC | Vector graphic design software
PicMonkey Photo Editor and Graphic Design Maker
Collaborate & Create Amazing Graphic Design for Free – Canva
Graphic organizer External links:
The Great and Powerful Graphic Organizer | Cult of Pedagogy
How Students Can Use a Graphic Organizer – Verywell
Storyboard Creator | Comic Strip Maker | Graphic Organizer
Guided imagery External links:
Guided Imagery – Topic Overview – WebMD
Self Hypnosis, Guided Imagery & Meditation: DrMiller.com
What is Guided Imagery? | Health Journeys
Hanspeter Pfister External links:
Hanspeter Pfister (@hpfister) | Twitter
Hanspeter Pfister | Facebook
Data Visualization with Hanspeter Pfister – YouTube
Imaging science External links:
:: ISD :: Imaging Science in Dentistry – isdent.org
Certification Training – Imaging Science
Vanderbilt University Institute of Imaging Science
Information graphics External links:
Information graphics (Book, 1987) [WorldCat.org]
Information graphics – New World Encyclopedia
Information graphics (Book, 2012) [WorldCat.org]
Information science External links:
News | Department of Information Science
Research Information Science & Computing
UO Computer and Information Science Department – …
Information visualization External links:
Information visualization (Book, 2001) [WorldCat.org]
Interactive visualization External links:
allows interactive visualization and collaboration over the we
Interactive Visualization of Wine
Jock D. Mackinlay External links:
[PDF]Bay-Wei Chang, Jock D. Mackinlay, Polle T. Zellweger
Jock D. Mackinlay – Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
Jock D. Mackinlay – Google Scholar Citations
Medical imaging External links:
Diagnostic Radiology – Medical Imaging Technology
Touchstone Medical Imaging – Touchstone Medical Imaging
CDI | National medical imaging network
Mental image External links:
mental image | Ergocakes
Miriah Meyer External links:
Miriah Meyer | University of Utah News
Miriah Meyer at University of Utah – RateMyProfessors.com
Misleading graph External links:
Misleading Graphs | Passy’s World of Mathematics
Misleading Graphs Examples – math.tutorvista.com
[PDF]31 Misleading Graphs and Statistics
Molecular graphics External links:
[PDF]Desktop Molecular Graphics Background Essentials
Molecular Graphics on the IBM PC Microcomputer
People — Molecular Graphics Lab
Motor imagery External links:
Motor Imagery | Stroke
What is Graded Motor Imagery – YouTube
Music visualization External links:
Viz – Music Visualization Software – Echobit
Music visualization (Article, 1925) [WorldCat.org]
Online Music Visualization maker | Renderforest
Patent drawing External links:
Patent Drawings | Technical Drawing | Computer Aided Design
Design Patent Drawing Services for Law Firms & Corporations
Patent Drawings – Klughart
Scientific modelling External links:
Scientific modelling — Science Learning Hub
Scientific visualization External links:
Scientific Visualization – NC State University
Radius Digital Science – Scientific Visualization
Scientific visualization (VHS tape, 1989) [WorldCat.org]
Software visualization External links:
Software Visualization research at GVU
Spatial analysis External links:
[PPT]Spatial Analysis – utdallas.edu
spatial analysis Study Sets and Flashcards | Quizlet
Statistical graphics External links:
“Perception in statistical graphics” by Susan Ruth VanderPlas
Ch. 2.4: Statistical graphics Flashcards | Quizlet
Technical drawing External links:
technical drawing paper sizes in the United States
Ch. 10 Technical Drawing Flashcards | Quizlet
Category:Technical drawing images | Wookieepedia | …
Technical illustration External links:
Technical illustration, Beau and Alan Daniels.
Technical Illustration of Desktop Watt Balance – YouTube
Performance Design | Technical Illustration
User interface External links:
Radeon™ Overlay: A seamless, in-game user interface – …
What is User Interface (UI)? Webopedia Definition
EWS User Interface
User interface design External links:
10 User Interface Design Fundamentals – Treehouse Blog
Golden Rules of User Interface Design – UX Planet
User Interface Design | Coursera
Visual communication External links:
School of Visual Communication Design | Kent State University
Foppe Visual Communication – Sign Company, Commercial …
Glassboards | Visual Communication Systems | Egan Visual
Visual culture External links:
Center for Art Design and Visual Culture – UMBC
Gallery crowds are killing the joys of visual culture – ft.com
The Higher Inquiètude | Art History and Visual Culture Blog
Visual perception External links:
HBS visual perception ACT. 2.4.2 Flashcards | Quizlet
Culture Visual Perception – AbeBooks
Visual perception (Book, 1973) [WorldCat.org]
Visual rhetoric External links:
Visual Rhetoric in the Print Age
Visual Rhetoric Flashcards | Quizlet
Visual system External links:
Visual system – ScienceDaily
NS Chapter 11: Visual System Flashcards | Quizlet
Airport Visual System (AVS) – store.x-plane.org
Visual thinking External links:
Visual Thinking Strategies About Us – VTS
Visual thinking. (Book, 1971) [WorldCat.org]
[PDF]Visual Thinking Skills – Illinois State Museum
Volume cartography External links:
Volume cartography – update.revolvy.com
Volume rendering External links:
Volume Rendering Part 2 – YouTube
Marching cubes – Volume Rendering C++ OpenGL GLSL – …
[PDF]Volume Rendering versus Maximum Intensity …