What is involved in point to point
Find out what the related areas are that point to point connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a point to point thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its point to point journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward point to point leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which point to point related domains to cover and 28 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
point to point, Point-to-point, Logistical, Peer-to-peer, Point-to-Point Protocol, Point-to-point construction, Point-to-point transit, SAN Point-to-Point:
point to point Critical Criteria:
Study point to point goals and spearhead techniques for implementing point to point.
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving point to point forward?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing point to point?
– How do we Identify specific point to point investment and emerging trends?
Point-to-point Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Point-to-point risks and point out improvements in Point-to-point.
– If a network is involved, what is its operational paradigm, that is, unicast (point-to-point network, such as Ethernet), multicast, or broadcast?
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing point to point? There might be some that are less obvious?
– Do we have past point to point Successes?
– What are our point to point Processes?
Logistical Critical Criteria:
Rank Logistical issues and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– Meeting the challenge: are missed point to point opportunities costing us money?
– How will you know that the point to point project has been successful?
– Do point to point rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
Peer-to-peer Critical Criteria:
Consider Peer-to-peer engagements and report on the economics of relationships managing Peer-to-peer and constraints.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once point to point is underway?
– How do we ensure that implementations of point to point products are done in a way that ensures safety?
Point-to-Point Protocol Critical Criteria:
Participate in Point-to-Point Protocol decisions and improve Point-to-Point Protocol service perception.
– Think about the people you identified for your point to point project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of point to point moving forward?
– What vendors make products that address the point to point needs?
Point-to-point construction Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Point-to-point construction tactics and assess and formulate effective operational and Point-to-point construction strategies.
– Is the point to point organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of point to point?
– What is our formula for success in point to point ?
Point-to-point transit Critical Criteria:
Define Point-to-point transit quality and know what your objective is.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your point to point strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– Among the point to point product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– Do we monitor the point to point decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
SAN Point-to-Point Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on SAN Point-to-Point engagements and frame using storytelling to create more compelling SAN Point-to-Point projects.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the point to point process?
– How can the value of point to point be defined?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the point to point Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
point to point External links:
Leros Point to Point – Driving People Who Drive Business
Point to Point Schedule – MTA NYCT – Trip Planner+
ALTA Land Title Surveys | Services | Point to Point Surveyors
Point-to-point External links:
Point-to-point (Book, 1933) [WorldCat.org]
Point-to-Point (P2P) – Transportation & Parking
Peer-to-peer External links:
peer-to-peer – Everything2.com
Point-to-Point Protocol External links:
IPv6 over Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP)
Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP) – Cisco
Configure Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP)
Point-to-point construction External links:
Point-to-Point Construction – YouTube
Point-to-point transit External links:
High-Coverage Point-to-Point Transit: Study of Path …
Kings Point-to-Point Transit – Home | Facebook
“High-Coverage Point-to-Point Transit Study of Path …